Image: IFACCA Board. Credit: Muhamad Asyraf Rezali.
Members of IFACCA elected new board members at the 7th General Assembly, held in Malaysia on 11 March 2019.
The following new directors have been appointed:
- Andrés Gribnicow (Argentina)
- Daina Urbanavičienė (Lithuania)
- Patrick Sam (Namibia)
In addition, the following directors have been appointed, further to their prior appointment to fill casual vacancies:
- Simon Mellor (England)
- Dennis Marita (Solomon Islands)
The following directors have been reappointed:
- Mr Dong Zhanshun (China)
- Tan Sri Norliza binti Rofli (Malaysia)
The following board members will continue their terms:
- Simon Brault (Canada)
- Orlaith McBride (Ireland)
- Staffan Forssell (Sweden)
The Board met at the conclusion of the General Assembly on Monday 11 March, and elected Simon Brault (Director and CEO, Canada Council for the Arts) as its Chair. The Board and members thank Stephen Wainwright (Chief Executive, Creative New Zealand) for his six years of service on the Board and as Chair overseeing the change of executive leadership at IFACCA. The Board also appointed the following post-holders :
- Orlaith McBride as Deputy Chair
- Simon Mellor as Treasurer
Find more information about the Board here.