Our members in the Pacific region meet on a regular basis, however there is currently no formal Pacific Chapter of the Federation.
Below, you can find information on:
- the current focus for the Pacific Group
- current members of the Pacfic Group
- the Regional Focal Point for the Pacific
- previous Pacific Group Meetings.
The last meeting of the Pacific Group took place in Valletta, Malta alongside the 7th World Summit on Arts and Culture. During the meeting, members discussed opportunities for sharing best practice and capacity development in the region. The next meeting of members from the region will take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia alongside the 8th World Summit in March 2019.
The current members of the Pacific Group are:
• Australia Council for the Arts
• Ministry of Cultural Development, Cook Islands
• Fiji Arts Council
• Creative New Zealand – Toi Aotearoa, New Zealand
• Samoa Arts Council
• Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Solomon Islands
Current affiliates of the Pacific Group:
• Arts South Australia, Australia
• Arts Tasmania, Australia
• City of Melbourne, Australia
• City of Sydney, Australia
• Create NSW, Australia
• Creative Victoria
• Department of Communications and the Arts, Australia
• Regional Arts Australia
REGIONAL FOCAL POINT
Each IFACCA Regional Group has a Regional Focal Point (RFP). This is a National Member institution of the Federation that liaises with members in the region and organises a meeting of members or other joint initiative. The role of Regional Focal Point is for a fixed period and is open to all National Members on a rotating basis.
The current Regional Focal Point for the Pacific is the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Solomon Islands. Mr Dennis Marita is the official representative of the RFP as the Director of Culture.
Members in the Pacific have held three regional meetings to date:
- Valletta, Malta, October 2016
- Santiago, Chile, January 2014
- Melbourne, Australia, October 2011