The Second National Culture Conference (ENC 2012), to be held from 15 to 18 August 2012 at the National School of Fine Arts (ENSABAP) and the Cultural Center of Spain in Lima, is an event organized by Culturaperu.org and Tandem: Cultural Management for Development, co-organized by the Municipality of Lima, with support from the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation for Development (AECID), the Andean Regional Cooperation Service of the French Embassy in Peru and HIVOS Foundation.
The first edition of the ENC in 2011 brought together over 250 participants during 4 days. A total of 16 round tables with more than 50 speakers, three workshops and the participation of cultural managers from Ancash, Arequipa, Cusco, Ica, Puno, Lambayeque, Lima, Loreto, Puno and Tacna. The event was broadcasted over the Internet to a global audience of over 200 people and all the presentations were documented on video.
The second ENC in 2012 builds on this first experience and seeks to consolidate itself as a space for the generation of information and dialogue between agents, institutions and cultural associations of civil society interested in the relationship between culture and development in Peru. The meeting will be held in Lima and will consist of lectures, panel discussions and workshops.
The agenda for the second edition of the ENC is constructed from an open call and emphasizes as main themes: (1) Cultural Institutions, (2) Cultural policies and management, (3) Interculturality and citizenship and (4) Culture and development. The working session will cover topics such as: Perspectives from the Ministry of Culture, Cultural Policies: Local and Regional Governments; Law and Culture; Art and Human Development; Open Government of culture; Art, Movement and Connections; Information in cultural management; Management models applied to culture, among others.
ENC 2012 counts with the participation of international speakers such as Alexandre Santini, member of the National Network of Points of Culture of Brazil; Fernando Garcia, Director of Martadero (Cochabamba, Bolivia); Maria del Rosario Escobar, Secretary of Citizen Culture of Medellín (Colombia) and Philip Altenfelder, member of Eixo Fora (Brazil).
As part of the meeting, and from a logic of cooperation and citizen participation, the Ministry of Culture of Peru will launch the National Register of Points of Culture and the Municipality of Lima (MML) will launch a consultation process of Community Culture. As in the first edition there are a number of "Mobility Aids" to attend the event for a group of cultural managers who work and reside outside of Lima .
• Build an inclusive space for reflection, generation and exchange of ideas and proposals on culture as an element of development, cultural policies and cultural management in Peru.
• Promote the formation of linkages and networking among cultural managers, agents and cultural associations of civil society.
• Make visible and foster the role of cultural associations in the fight against poverty in Peru.
• Analyze and promote dialogue on the situation of cultural policies in Peru.
• Promote the use and adoption of tools and mechanisms to ensure greater citizen participation in culture (Agenda 21, UNESCO Convention on Cultural Diversity, Points of Culture, Iberoamerican Cultural Charter, etc..),