This book examines recent trends in the performing arts and discusses how the arts are likely to evolve in the future. It is the first book to provide a comprehensive overview of the performing arts, including analysis of opera, theater, dance, and music, in both their live and recorded forms. The authors focus on trends affecting four aspects of the performing arts — audiences, performers, arts organizations, and financing — and offer a vision for the future. The book discusses the implications of current and likely future developments and considers public policy issues such as public funding for the arts.
- Audiences for the Performing Arts
- Artists: Creators and Performers
- Characteristics of Performing Arts Organizations
- Financial Situation of Performing Arts Organizations
- Where Are the Performing Arts Headed?