A research report that looks at the methods and reliability of data on international trade in cultural services.
Culture trade is on the agenda at a number of bilateral and multilateral organizations, is used in international negotiating and policy development, in assessing export markets, foreign competition, and in analysing issues and trends in the sector.
Contents of the research report include:
- Key facts – What you need to know to get started
- What is a culture service?
- What is the relevance of culture services trade data?
- How is trade in culture services classified?
- What does trade in culture services measure in practice?
- How is trade in culture services estimated?
- How good is the quality of the data?
- How accurate are culture statistics?
- How coherent are culture services trade data?
Executive summary is at: http://www.statcan.ca/english/research/81-595-MIE/81-595-MIE2007056.htm
Full report at: http://www.statcan.ca/english/research/81-595-MIE/81-595-MIE2007056.pdf
Also available in French: Commerce des services culturels: Guide des concepts et des méthodes Par Programme de la statistique de la culture.