The Fellow will work in the Traditional Knowledge Division of WIPO and in so doing inter alia:
• assist in the development of and in the organization of activities related to intellectual property and genetic resources, traditional knowledge and traditional cultural expressions;
• undertake research, drafting and the preparation of publications and other awareness raising materials;
• participate in the Secretariat of the IGC and related meetings;
• undertake outreach consultations and training activities focused on indigenous peoples; and,
• perform such other tasks as needed.
The Fellow would not be expected to work as an independent scholar, advisor or analyst, but would operate within the WIPO Secretariat and would directly participate in the delivery of core program outputs.