We seek an experienced Communications Manager, ideally with a background in government or the creative and cultural sectors funded by government, to manage all aspects of communication for the International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies (IFACCA) including planning, development, delivery and reporting.
Reporting to the Executive Director and under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Communications Manager is responsible for:
- managing, updating, and monitoring digital content, including the IFACCA website, Member Hub platform, World Summit website and social media channels
- managing the delivery of IFACCA’s communications including preparing materials across all media, liaising with IFACCA’s members, partners, and wider network
- co-managing and redirecting communications from external sources to the IFACCA Secretariat via the organisation’s central inboxes and phone line
- managing the image-base and video-base
- contributing to the implementation of the IT Strategy, including but not limited to the CRM, database and image-base, and sound record keeping
- contributing to the delivery of IFACCA projects, services and events as required and in accordance with the IFACCA Strategy 2021-2026 by supporting the Secretariat staff in communications deliverables.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a minimum of five years’ professional experience in a similar role, in government or the creative and cultural sectors funded by government, ideally.
- outstanding communication skills to frame and translate content into clear and compelling narratives.
- proven experience providing high-level communications direction, advice and planning.
- excellent judgement and ability to quickly understand impacts, risks and opportunities.
- high proficiency in English, with demonstrable experience in proofing and editing, with strong attention to detail.
- a demonstrated proficiency in the use of a wide range of IT programmes and applications, with particular knowledge of Office 365 (especially SharePoint), email marketing platforms, CRM (Salesforce) and website CMS
- a demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts and according to protocols to ensure quality outcomes.
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work in Australia.
ABOUT OUR ORGANISATION
The International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies is the global network of arts councils, ministries of culture and government agencies that advance arts and culture, with member institutions representing over 70 countries. The IFACCA Secretariat is headquartered in Sydney, Australia and comprises a small team of committed staff who manage programmes and services for the Federation; nurture international relationships with – and between – members; and provide them with trusted advisory services. While we work closely with government institutions, as an organisation, the Secretariat is lean, agile and non-bureaucratic.
HOW TO APPLY
Download the Position Description for further details about the role, full selection criteria and how to apply.
DEADLINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS: MONDAY 10 JANUARY AT 5.00PM AEST.
If you would like further information or wish to organise a time to discuss the role, please email [email protected].