This Forum is organized by RAPEC, an African network of cultural agents and entrepreneurs (Reseau africain des promoteurs et entrepreneurs culturels) which had previously met in December 2008.
The RAPEC's aims are:
- to promote networking among cultural agents and entrepreneurs in Africa and among its diasporas;
- to highlight culture as a major trigger to development in the region;
- to have cultural agents recognised as economic agents in their own right by State entitites and by the African Union Commission
- to organize the First Panafrican Congress of all Agents and Entrepreneurs to involve the diaspora;
- to set up Panafrican RAPEC Prizes in literature and in Frine Arts in sculpture and painting.