The Pacific Chapter of the International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies was officially formed in March 2020.
Below, you can find information on:
The current members of the Pacific Group are:
• Australia Council for the Arts
• Ministry of Cultural Development, Cook Islands
• Fiji Arts Council
• Creative New Zealand – Toi Aotearoa, New Zealand
• Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Solomon Islands
Current affiliates of the Pacific Group:
• Arts South Australia, Australia
• City of Melbourne, Australia
• City of Sydney, Australia
• Create NSW, Australia
• Creative Victoria
• Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications, Australia.
• The Pacific Community (SPC), New Caledonia.
REGIONAL FOCAL POINT
Each IFACCA Regional Chapter has a Regional Focal Point (RFP). This is a National Member institution of the Federation that liaises with members in the region and organises a meeting of members or other joint initiative. The role of Regional Focal Point is for a fixed period and is open to all National Members on a rotating basis.
The current Regional Focal Point for the Pacific is the Australia Council for the Arts.
Members in the Pacific have held six regional meetings to date:
- Virtual meeting, April 2021
- Virtual meeting, March 2020
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, March 2019
- Valletta, Malta, October 2016
- Santiago, Chile, January 2014
- Melbourne, Australia, October 2011