The International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies (IFACCA) is the global network of arts councils, ministries of culture and government agencies that advance arts and culture, with member institutions representing over 70 countries. Our members operate in developed and developing countries across Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the Pacific.
The IFACCA Secretariat oversees the Federation: it supports, connects and responds to the needs of members; creates opportunities for collaboration and exchange; and provides trusted leadership and intelligence on arts and culture in public life, for members as well as the wider international community.
Find out more
Research confirms importance of live music workers Australia Council for the Arts, 27 March 2023, Australia
Acorns 434: Gathering the world in Stockholm for an imp… IFACCA - International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies, 16 March 2023, International
New Data Show Economic Activity of the U.S. Arts & Cult… National Endowment for the Arts, 16 March 2023, USA
Call for researcher for NEMO report on climate policies… NEMO - The Network of European Museum Organisations, 14 March 2023, International
Nigeria to Launch the Investment in Digital and Creativ… African Development Bank, 14 March 2023, Nigeria
- A crisis of sustainable careers? Prepared between January and September 2022, A crisis of sustainable careers? explores key issues related to the precarious working conditions of artists and independent workers in the cultural and creative sectors (CCSs), including the role public agencies currently play and how could they further strengthen these conditions. This public report is a part of IFACCA’s Sustainable Futures series and is supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria (an IFACCA Affiliate Member).
- ¿Una crisis de carreras sostenibles? ¿Una crisis de carreras sostenibles se elaboró entre enero y septiembre de 2022 y analiza aspectos clave de las precarias condiciones laborales de las y los artistas y profesionales independientes de los sectores culturales y creativos, con atención al papel actual de las agencias públicas y a su potencial para fortalecer dichas condiciones. Este informe público es parte de la serie Futuros sostenibles de IFACCA y cuenta con el apoyo del Gobierno de Victoria a través de Creative Victoria (Miembro Afiliado de IFACCA).
- Supporting Culture in the Digital Age Written by Octavio Kulesz. Edited by Meredith Okell. Prepared between November 2019 and March 2020, Supporting Culture in the Digital Age explores how the digital age has changed the cultural value chain; and draws on existing literature and insights provided by National Members of the Federation, as well as a range of actors from across the cultural ecosystem.
- Nuevo informe: El apoyo a la cultura en la era digital Autor: Octavio Kulesz. Preparado entre noviembre de 2019 y marzo de 2020, El apoyo a la cultura en la era digital analiza cómo la era digital ha transformado la cadena de valor cultural en su totalidad, y aporta la bibliografía más actual, así como perspectivas de diversos miembros nacionales y de una serie de agentes de todo el ecosistema cultural.
- Americas Cultural Summit 2021 The third edition of the Americas Cultural Summit (ACS 2021) took place virtually from 1-4 November 2021, hosted by the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) in partnership with the International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies (IFACCA). It brought together leaders representing public arts agencies and cultural ministries from across the Americas, along with artists, policy makers, and innovators, to reflect on the Summit theme: Towards a sustainable, equitable, and inclusive future.
- Americas Cultural Summit 2019 The Americas Cultural Summit 2019 will take place in Buenos Aires, Argentina from 27-29 June 2019, hosted by the Secretary of Culture of the Nation, Argentina in partnership with the International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies (IFACCA).
- Americas Cultural Summit 2018 The inaugural Americas Cultural Summit was held in Ottawa, Canada on 9-11 May and was hosted by the Canada Council for the Arts, in partnership with the Ministry for Culture of Argentina and IFACCA.
- Arts Summit of Southern Africa The first Arts Summit of Southern Africa (ASSA) was held in Windhoek, Namibia on 20-24 August. The Summit was hosted by Namibia’s National Arts Council, Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture and IFACCA.
- Artists, Displacement and Belonging Artists, Displacement and Belonging is our first report aligned to our revised approach to thought leadership. The full report is only available to National Members of the Federation, however, we are pleased to share with our wider network an abridged version of the report.
- Subscribe to ACORNS ACORNS is our monthly digest of the latest arts and culture policy news, research and announcements, sent direct to your inbox.