IFACCA’s Executive Director, Sarah Gardner, will speak at the Opening Session of the 3rd Pan-African Cultural Congress, and will also present a paper titled Cultural Policies in Africa: local action informed by global perspectives. The Congress will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 28 to 30 August 2012.
The umbrella theme of the conference is ‘Culture, Societies and Sustainable Development’. There are six sub-themes:
- Framework for Cultural Policies
- Promoting Positive Cultural Values while combating Harmful Traditional Practices
- African Culture as a Vehicle for Development
- The Creative Economy and Sustainable Development
- Cultural Statistics: The Missing Link
- Culture as the Fourth Pillar for Sustainable Development
IFACCA’s paper will be available online following the conference.